5 Surprising Ways to Alleviate Fibroids and PCOS
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Fibroids have become far too common among women of childbearing age, yet are still massively underdiagnosed hormonal issues. We want to end that cycle and educate the masses on what to do to rebalance hormonal health for good!
While we don’t know the exact root cause of Fibroids, which are benign growths in the uterus, they can cause pain, excessive bleeding, and complications during pregnancy, among other uncomfortable symptoms.
PCOS on the other hand is, “a hormonal disorder correlated with a hormonal imbalance, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome causes enlarged ovaries and small cysts which grow on the ovaries. It is common for someone with PCOS to have symptoms like oily skin, irregular body hair growth, acne, no ovulation, or weight gain. If left untreated, PCOS can lead to diabetes and heart disease,” according to Viva Eve, Women’s Hormone Experts.
The GREAT news is that there are excellent diet and lifestyle hacks you can do throughout your cycle to shrink/prevent Fibroids and eliminate your symptoms of PCOS altogether! NAO and Viva Eve have partnered to take a deeper look into how to manage symptoms of hormonal imbalances such as PCOS and Fibroids.
Keep in mind that Viva Eve offers a terrific approach to Fibroid removal that is minimally invasive.
While there are medical ways to treat PCOS and Fibroids, there are also ways to manage and relieve symptoms through lifestyle. We will dive into five lesser-known holistic recommendations for reducing/preventing Fibroids and PCOS symptoms. They might even surprise you!
- Balance your Blood Sugar – this is STEP ONE for overall health and will positively impact your uterus and ovaries. One of the leading causes of PCOS is diabetes/insulin resistance. To balance blood sugar simply and effectively, ensure you are eating clean, whole foods every 3-4 hours, and make sure to have healthy light protein (i.e. organic chicken, wild-caught fish), healthy fats (avocado, nuts/seeds, olive oil), and LOTS of fresh non-starchy veggies like leafy greens on your plate! Eating in this way will help you feel great, sustained energy without crashing or needing that caffeine hit mid-afternoon, and will also stabilize your mood as it stabilizes your hormonal health! Such a win all around! We respect that each individual has different dietary needs so contact us to customize the right Meal Plan based on YOUR unique lifestyle.
- Bust Stress with Infrared Sauna – According to the Cleveland Clinic, not only do Infrared Saunas have the ability to relieve pain, sore muscles, and boost heart health, but they’ve been studied to positively impact blood flow, reduce oxidative stress, and so much more. While not meant to seem like a “cure” for Fibroids/PCOS, the stress-busting and pain-reducing capabilities of Infrared Sauna are enough to make it a surprising yet powerful addition to ameliorating the symptoms and offer relief from these hormonal concerns. Stress also impacts blood sugar, so you can end that vicious cycle with a 30-minute sweat session that makes you feel like you had an entire day at the spa. We love going to Restore Chelsea NYC – use code NAO for 20% off your next visit!
- Try Inositol – According to PubMed, this very affordable and SAFE supplement has been studied to successfully improve ovarian function and fertility, as well decreasing the severity of PCOS symptoms like hirsutism and acne, while positively impacting metabolism! Not all supplements are created equal and we strive for quality. It’s best to speak with your healthcare provider and nutritionist for optimal sourcing and dosing. And of course, do this in conjunction with utilizing your 5 Foundations of health: Sleep, Hydration, Whole Foods, Exercise, and Stress Management. Supplements are not meant to be a bandaid!
- Avoid Red Meat – we are fans of high-quality, organic grass-fed and grass-finished beef! Why? Because factory-farmed meat can be treated with growth hormones, antibiotics, and more. We don’t want that for your body! At the same time, we’ve also learned that what makes one of our clients feel great could cause another inflammation. As Viva Eve also recommends: “Red meat and dairy are among foods to avoid with fibroid tumors because of the high levels of estrogen found in the food. Fibroids are affected by hormones, so avoiding foods that spike hormones or cause them to fluctuate can help.”
- Make sure to Poop at least once a day! One very important yet overlooked way to balance your hormones is to make sure that you are having a complete, healthy bowel movement at least once per day. It should have a healthy color, be easy to pass, smooth, and look like a banana! To ensure this, make sure you are getting enough fiber in your diet from whole grains, beans, legumes, fiber-rich fruits, and veggies, and hydrating your body with ½ your body weight in ounces of filtered, mineral-rich water every single day. I recommend CellCore: CT Minerals to my clients. 1 syringe 2x/day. Practitioner Code: 4aSxLzR6. If you are constipated, Magnesium Citrate can help you go! But do NOT ignore your body if you are constipated – it’s telling you something off. Talk to your provider and nutritionist to help you get the root cause. Then in the meantime, be wary of constipating foods like high intake of meat, potatoes, rice, and foods that slow things down.
We are so thrilled to partner with Viva Eve for the BEST recommendations for balancing health and hormones. Follow us and Viva Eve for women’s health and hormone health tips, education, and treatments!
Want more education on Hormonal Health? Check out Viva Eve’s Blog!